Doll Up with Pixie Bridal Makeup
This week, we are proud to feature Pixie Bridal Makeup in our blog. Based in Kota Damansara, Selangor, the team has been providing wedding and dinner makeup service to discerning clients around the Klang Valley for more than 8 years. Their line of experienced and versatile make up artists are ever ready to help enhance their clients’ beauty for any occasion. Their vision- to create a look that does not overpower their clients’ natural features to preserve elegance and timelessness. Founder Veron talks about the general do’s and don’ts when it comes to bridal makeup, what to expect from a bridal makeup trial, as well as the upcoming bridal trend forecast.
1. General do’s and don’ts for bridal make up.
1. Do take time to discover your personal beauty style prior to your big day, i.e. sweet & innocent, rustic/down to earth, chic, red carpet etc
2. Do look for pictures of makeup/hairdo as a reference point for your overall image. What is that you like? Is it the lipstick color? The eyeliner style? The way the hair is pinned/curl?
3. Do engage a makeup artist that truly understands your style and are able to bring out your inner beauty. Think individuality.
4. Do take time to go through a makeup artist’s portfolio. A good makeup portfolio are ones that present a variety of personal looks, not just what is in trends.
5. Do engage a makeup artist that are able to discuss the pros & cons of a certain look that you like based on your features.
6. Do have enough rest and do a weekly at home maintenance of facial scrub and hydrating mask in the weeks leading up to the wedding. This is to ensure there is no build up of dead skin, and the skin is well hydrated, thus reducing over secretion of sebum that causes oily skin. Beautiful makeup starts with healthy, beautiful skin.
7. Do consult with your makeup artist/hair stylist beforehand on things that might affect your bridal look, i.e trimming hair, eyebrow embroidery.
1. Don’t expect a cookie cutter results when presenting a photo of makeup/hairdo style that you prefer as a reference. Due to different facial features, hairstyle and thickness, makeup products & shades, and the rendition of the stylist, results may vary.
2. Avoid having your eyebrows or facial hair waxed 1 or 2 days before the wedding. This is to avoid having any skin discomfort that may appear on your wedding day after the waxing. There are also instances where waxing products used causes makeup products not being able to stay on the skin well. If you must, please wax it at least 1 week prior. Or try threading instead.
3. Don’t trim your hair without consulting with your makeup artist/hairstylist. Certain hairdo that you have chosen for your wedding day might require certain hairstyles for your stylist to work with.
4. Avoid doing any kind of eyebrow embroidery/tattoo prior to your wedding. If the color comes out too dark or not the right shade/shape for the bridal look you are going for, it will make or break your look.
5. Don’t try out new beauty products within the 3 months prior to your wedding to avoid any unpleasant reaction if it is not suitable for you.
2. What to expect from your Bridal Makeup Trial?
A Bridal makeup trial is a time where you discuss with your artist about your bridal look. Have a general idea of what you would want for your overall bridal image and bring along any magazine clippings or pictures found online as a reference point to get your ideas across clearly. However, you should also be open to suggestion.
It is best that you pick a time where you can comfortably discuss all options available, and probably try them out during this session. This is the best way to see if a style that you like are suitable for you and explore other options if is not. It will save both you and your artist’s time during the big day and avoid any stressful moments. Avoid having your trial session done where you will be attending a dinner or having your Registration of Marriage (RoM) after the session. The look might not be suitable for the event you are having after the session. After all it is supposed to be for your wedding day! So let’s just focus on that. Sometimes killing 2 birds with 1 stones may not be practical.
3. 2016 bridal trend forecast.
We expect to see the hype with minimalist look to continue.
Focusing on clean, ethereal, glowy skin. With a hint of rosy/coral shades for the lips and cheeks.
For those who are more adventurous, try a dark lips. Choosing the right color is key so that it complements you and not overly gothic. A Vintage English Rose look is a sweeter approach for a dark lip.
“A naturally beautiful you- that’s all that matters.” Pixie Bridal Makeup
To busy to drop by their studio? Pop them a message via Facebook and make an appointment now!
Article and pictures by Veron of Pixie Bridal Makeup.